We want to make it easy for you to apply for the Bishop’s Fund. Applications will be accepted from October 1, 2018 to December 1, 2018. Grants will be awarded up to $5,000.00.
HOW TO APPLY.
- The Catholic Community Foundation makes it easy for you to apply for a grant online. Please read the instructions below before beginning an application. All CCF grant applications should be made online.
- For review purposes only, a copy of the sample grant application is here for you to use when filling out the online application.
STEP 1: REVIEW ELIGIBILITY, GUIDELINES & DEADLINES.
- The Bishop’s Fund accepts applications one time a year.
- Applicants are required to read the general grant guidelines below, before starting an application.
- Click here to begin.(This link is not active until October 1)
STEP 2: CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
- Select one login email address/password to be used for all your application submissions.
- Provide the email address of the person ultimately responsible for the grant administration. CCF will communicate all pertinent information to this email address.
STEP 3: COMPLETE THE ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION. CLICK HERE.
STEP 4: CATHOLIC COMMUNITY FOUNDATION WILL REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION.
- Your grant application is reviewed by the Bishop and the Catholic Community Foundation’s Board of Directors. During this process, our staff may contact you for more information.
STEP 5: FINAL GRANT DECISIONS ARE MADE.
- You will be notified by email if your organization received full or partial funding or in some cases, if funding has been denied. Decisions are typically made within 4 weeks after the application deadline.
- Grants are decided by the Bishop and the Catholic Community Foundation’s Board of Directors and are traditionally, open to parishes, schools and Catholic ministries within the Catholic Diocese of Salina. Grants will only be made to 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations or churches.
When reviewing applications for grants from the Catholic Community Foundation, the following is a list of examples that will be considered:
- Technology – increasing and/or upgrading.
- Catholic Education – for both Catholic Schools and PRE programs.
- Parish missions – speakers, materials.
- Mission work for the poor.
- Liturgical enrichment – seasonal programs.
- Seed money – to establish or initiate a new project or program.
- Activities that strengthen a program and helps fulfill its mission.
- Innovative ideas and programs.
The Foundation will NOT consider grants to the following:
- Operating deficits or retirement of debt.
- Ordinary recurring expenses.
Any incomplete, incorrect or late applications will not be considered. Click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the application process.