The Finance Office of the Diocese of Salina assists the local Ordinary in his role as administrator of the temporal goods of the diocese and in his oversight role for the temporal goods of the church that are directly administered at the parish level throughout the diocese. The Finance Office concentrates its efforts on the civil and financial operations of the church throughout Northwestern Kansas. Fr. Keith Weber serves as Finance Officer and Jennifer Hood, CPA serves as Assistant Finance Officer. They are assisted by Accounting Clerk, Jo Jahnke.
- Oversee the professional funds managers who invest diocesan and parish assets.
- Manage the Deposit & Loan program.
- Coordinate and, when appropriate, negotiate all contractual services for renovation, construction and services for the diocese and parishes alike.
- Administer all property and casualty insurance programs, health insurance program, and the workers' compensation insurance program.
The Diocesan Finance Council is mandated by the Code of Canon Law (c. 492). It is a consultative body which provides counsel to the Bishop in various areas of Finance. The council advises the Bishop and the Finance Office on its investment policies. The council also reviews the annual audit and the Diocesan budget. The council is also available for special consultative situations.
The Diocesan Finance Council consists of:
- Rev. Keith Weber, Diocesan Finance Officer
- Norman Kelly, Salina
- Jan Marks, CPA, Manhattan
- Tim Werth, Hays
- Mitzi Richards, Manhattan
- Doug Stein, Salina
- Ron Gfeller, Russell
- David Dreiling, Manhattan
- Troy Soukup, Ellsworth
- Jordan Webb, Salina
- Jennifer Hood, Diocesan Assistant Finance Officer
- Beth Shearer, Diocesan Stewardship and Development Director